This Monday, the financial director of Corinthians, Wesley Melo, gave an interview to My Timon to clarify Timão’s economic issues in the management of Duilio Monteiro Alves as club president. One of the topics discussed by the executive was Vasco’s debt due to the purchase of Lucas Piton at the beginning of the year, with the revelation that there is a meeting scheduled between the parties.
“I find it boring to say this through the press. When another club charges us via the press, it’s strange and I don’t like it very much. In practice, we have money to receive from Vasco, we have been talking to them, we have a meeting scheduled with them for this or next week. They will pay. There are serious people there, Vasco has now become SAF, I hope this process goes very well there”, commented Melo.
O Corinthians is taking steps to demand payment of the purchase price of Lucas Piton from Vasco some time ago. The Corinthians director mentioned Timão’s debt with Argentinos Juniors due to Fausto Vera to explain that the black and white club also charges teams that owe late payments.
“In the same way that we are under a lot of pressure from Argentinos Juniors and other creditors, we also put pressure on them. We are demanding, yes, we are taking all the measures. We went to some very important and serious instances with Vasco, and I have the expectation that we will reach an agreement and they will pay us soon“, he added.
Lucas Piton was hired by Vasco in December 2022, bought permanently from Corinthians. The Rio club purchased the left-back for R$16.6 million, involving 60% of the player’s economic rights with a contract until December 2026. Timão retained the other 40% of the defender’s rights in the deal.
The Post Corinthians seeks agreement and sets up meeting to receive money from the sale of Lucas Piton to Vasco
Originally Posted on www.meutimao.com.br